Monday, January 15, 2007

About Me

I am a true Calgary Flames fan and I dislike the Oilers very much. My name is Logan Pryor and I was born in raised in Calgary and I am 21 years old. This is my third year at U of L and I have just recently changed majors from Geography to New Media. I felt that Geography didn't exercise the creative aspects of the mind and that New Media would be the best program to this as well as having good career potentials.

Outside of school I enjoy watching movies and I dream of having a fancy flat screen TV to view them on. I work many odd jobs, currently I am employed in Calgary at Valley Ridge Golf Course, but I have worked in Lethbridge as a Cab Driver as well. I have also had a radio show on CKXU 88.3 fm, the local radio station on campus. This was something I enjoyed quite a bit and if i have the time available, I will try to do this again.

It was my time at the radio station where I first felt that my major was not what I wanted to do with my life. I was the production co-coordinator in charge of making ads and show promos. These tasks were fun and interesting and provoked creative thought something my current major couldn't do. One day after I finished a show my friend told me that a student film was taking auditions for zombies. Like any other normal person I leaped at the opportunity to audition to be a zombie. Having never been to an audition before, I never really knew what to expect. I soon learned, after I got the part, that the program the film makers were in was New Media. I have been fascinated ever since. In Spring 2006 I enrolled in New Media 2020, learned basic photoshop, dreamweaver and premiere skills and enjoyed myself very much. I also have good Adobe Audition skills from my time at the radio station. I also own a digital camera.

I hope that my enrollment in this program will give me the tools that are required to succeed in this field, but more importantly give me direction to what career path I will take after I graduate. I hope that through the various courses and course paths in addition to the internship I will find the perfect job and career for me.

No comments: